|Produced by Richard Perry|
|Released on 1971|
|US CHART POSITION #3 . . . GOLD RECORD (3/3/72)|
|Find it at GEMM|
[high resolution photo]
op 10 Tasty Surprises From Schmilsson's Fridge:
1. The Coconut Song.
2. Jump Into The Fire, which is like putting Joe Jackson into a time machine and transporting him back to 1971.
3. Testing out your CD player's "skip" button on Without You.
4. The opening Gotta Get Up, which is like listening to Billy Joel’s early stuff without the guilt.
5. A poster of Harry Nilsson in a bathrobe.
6. Learning there's a Richard Perry-produced album that runs rings around Ringo.
7. The pleasure of rediscovering one of the the greatest singer/songwriter albums from one of the greatest singer/songwriters of the Seventies (which was the singer/songwriter generation). Singer/songwriter.
8. A real sweet version of "Let The Good Times Roll."
9. If you buy the RCA Dynaflex elpee (like I did), you can always use the elpee as a coaster. A really thin, stinky coaster with no dynamic range.
10. You'll never hear the word "crap" sung any better.
|LSP-4515 poster||LSP-4515 back cover|
HARRY NILSSON -- vocals, piano, mellotron, organ, harmonica, electric piano
JIM GORDON -- drums, percussion
KLAUS VOORMANN -- bass, rhythm guitar, acoustic guitar
Paul Buckmaster -- string/horn arrangements and conductor (6)
Roger Coolan -- organ (5)
Ian Duck -- acoustic guitar (7)
Herbie Flowers -- bass
Jim Keltner -- drums
Bobby Keys -- sax (5)
Henry Krein -- accordion (1)
Richard Perry -- percussion, mellotron
Roger Pope -- drums (7)
Jim Price -- trumpet, trombone, horn arrangements
Caleb Quaye -- guitar (7)
Chris Spedding -- guitar, rhythm guitar
George Tipton -- string/horn arrangement and conductor (10)
John Uribe -- acoustic guitar, lead guitar
Jim Webb -- acoustic piano (9)
Gary Wright -- piano, organ
Robin Geoffrey Cable -- engineer
Ritchie Schmitt -- engineer
Dennis Smith -- recordist
Phil Brown -- additional engineering
Dean Torrance -- photography
Acy Lehman -- graphcis
|REGION||RELEASE DATE||LABEL||MEDIA||ID NUMBER||FEATURES|
|US||Mobile Fidelity||CD||UDCD-541||24k gold disc|
|UK||Simply Vinyl||LP||SVLP-370||180g vinyl|
|JPN||July 29, 2002||BMG||CDX||BVCM-37247||digital remaster w. bonus tracks|
|US||January 13, 2004||RCA||CDX||57265||digital remaster w. bonus tracks|
For more discographies visit...
© 2005 Connolly & Company. All rights reserved.